Benefits of Contract Training
Considering a career in the truck transportation industry?
Come learn from an actual transportation company!
Shelly Truck Driving School is one of the few schools in Pennsylvania that’s owned by a trucking company. As part of S&H Express, we provide students with practical knowledge from one of the region’s leading trucking firms. Come see what makes Shelly Truck Driving School the right fit for your CDL training.
“Fantastic people. Fantastic school. If you want to learn to be a good truck driver you need to go to this school.”
— Tyler Perry (Google Review)
Through our 160 hours of classroom and behind-the-wheel training, our 4-week training program prepares students for their PennDOT CDL tests. Our instructors have a combined 75 years’ experience in truck driving, and help students translate the skills they are learning into likely situations they will experience every day. Our graduates are consistently rated as being well-equipped to start their career in the truck transportation industry, which is why over 90% of them get hired before they graduate.
Over 90% Job Placement Rate
Our goal is to train up high-quality drivers for an industry that’s desperate for more help. As part of our training, we will help with placement, so you have a job upon graduation. We work with leading transportation companies to successfully find jobs for almost all of our students before they graduate. Whether you sign with us or with another trucking company, know that your trucking career will start off right with Shelly Truck Driving School.
“Great great instructors, they are very patient with the students and make learning fun. I’m heading to Iowa in a couple of weeks to start training for my new career and I can’t thank them enough for that opportunity.”
— Scott Dean (Google Review)
Close Enough to Commute
Looking for CDL classes near me? Conveniently located in York, PA, Shelly Truck Driving School is an easy commute for students throughout southeastern PA and northern Maryland. Here’s how close we are to you:
- Baltimore – We are less than an hour north of Baltimore on Interstate 83
- Bel Air – Students from Harford County, MD have less than an hour to drive to our school
- Lancaster – Less than 45 minutes west of Lancaster via Route 30
- Harrisburg – Our school is half an hour south of Harrisburg on Interstate 83
- Philadelphia – We are just under 2 hours from Philadelphia via the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76)
Financial & Technology Advantages
As a company school that’s open to the public, we provide several other incentives not available from other trucking companies. Our students qualify for state retraining education grants like CareerLink. We are one of the few schools in the northeastern United States with a state-of-the-art simulator, which every one of our students uses to learn basic truck driving techniques. That’s why several local trucking companies send their new recruits to Shelly Truck Driving School to learn
Why Choose Shelly Truck Driving School?
- Receive your CDL Class A license with 160 hours of practical training
- Since we are a PennDOT-approved testing site, graduates can take their CDL test for free
- Learn the basics of rig driving with our state-of-the-art simulator
- Reduced tuition through grants and tuition reduction
- Graduate with a job, just like over 90% of our graduates do.
“Graduated 7/31/20. I had a great experience learning almost everything there is to know about driving a class A vehicle. I learned a lot in a short time frame. You will easily be able to obtain your CDL and a good career after completing this course. Thank you Shelly Truck Driving School!”
— Eric W. (Google Review)